Do any of y'allz have Twitters?
— Asked by Anonymous
Some of us do! In the interest of maintaining a respectable image as an employed student of the school (at least, in my personal case), I don’t think it’d be a great idea to start handing out employee twitters, but there are quite a few admin- and staff-run twitters that are social media gold. Here are just a few:
- @CrossettLibrary - run by reference librarian Jared, who is a… colorful personality. I’ll let you see for yourself.
- @AtBennington - I may have linked to this before; I’m not sure. In any case, lots of beautiful photos of the campus and lots of retweets of various students.
- @BenningtonAlum - contains lots of cool posts about Bennington alumni and what they’re doing out in the real world. Good mix of photos, quotes, and articles.
- @BenningtonRadio - stay up to date on the latest sonic offerings from The Bennington Radio Project
- @PACatBennington - the Program and Activities Council tweets about the events they organize to campus (there are also lots of things that are non-PAC related, so it’s not at all an exhaustive resource of campus goings on)
- @plainchina - plain china is a national anthology of the best undergraduate writing that Bennington students (along with some faculty and very cool judges like Jonathan Lethem, Susan Cheever, and Philip Lopate)
- @bngardn - updates from the Bennington Student Garden (which is currently on hiatus for the winter)
In any case, that’s just a small sample of College-related twitters, but if you start following them, you’ll find that they often link back to other student- or school-run profiles. It’s a little slice of the Bennington community online.
-Evan ‘13 (with some help from Ellie [thx gurl])